Skate Session at Rocky Ridge Skatepark
This is our first regular session of the season. This season we have some important changes to our club sessions due to Covid-19.
Please note: We will not be able to assist or touch people this season.
- You need to be able to control your skateboard without assistance
- At a minimum you must be able to push, roll, stop, turn and carve, without help
- 2 meters physical distance at skateparks must be maintained
- We can’t assist people with helping hands for drop-ins, getting in/out of the bowls – if you can’t get out by yourself, don’t go in to the bowl
- We usually encourage parents to stay and monitor their child during sessions, however due to new rules at the Calgary skateparks, we ask parents to remain outside the skatepark
- No sitting on skatepark features and ledges
- Your cooperation is encouraged and appreciated
We take the safety of our members to heart and want to lead by example with the current Alberta Health and the City of Calgary recommendations.
If you do need assistance, you can go to the skatepark when it’s not busy and get a family member or friend in your bubble to help you. You can also take skateboarding lessons at The Park, or The Compound.
We encourage you to connect with other skateboarders in between skate club sessions. The skateparks will be less busy and you can work on new tricks in pairs or smaller groups. This will also help ensure your health and safety remain at the forefront this summer.